Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to thinking, as the latest offering of the 1050 engine seems to be desirable, has anyone thought of fitting a speed triple 1050 or sprint 1050 engine into a 955i tiger? I mean, seeing as the triple makes more oomph than the new tiger and the 955 has a decent tank range it seems a sensible option. :hammer:

·
Registered
44 Posts
um...

unless you had a spare lying around, sensible (in most parts) yes - cost effective no. Plus, I remember that the 1050 engine is mounted differently to the frame on the new tiger (and completely different on the sprint) but don't quote me. Just what i think i remember hearing.

·
Registered
783 Posts
As I like the style of the 'old' bike in preference to the '07, it sounds like a nice thought. Might not be feasible due to the previously mentioned reasons but.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm. At present I have got both a tiger and an 05 sprint (temporarily) and I cant actually see any difference. The fastening of the rear swinging arm is more complicated according to the workshop manuals but that could be cos of the single sided swinging arm. Still without the engines out and side by side its impossible to say. Hmmm I wonder !!!!! :lgh:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2003 Tiger with the 955i in it that has been diagnosed with bad rod bearings and could be worse. In stead of taking the plunge and fixing this motor which could get expensive if crank and other things are hurt after getting in the motor , I've found a 955i out of a 2004 Sprint. Does anyone know if this motor will bolt in my Tiger like the old one?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Man oh man I love that bike! If it's feasible with a steamer
and a 4cyl, I don't know why a 1050 wouldn't fit into a girlie!
:upthumb:

·
Registered
44 Posts
somewhere, I thought someone had mentioned sensible?
hmmm, must be my foggy eyes... :???:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts