Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone i was just wondering if the engine from a speed triple out of a 1996 would fit in a 2000 tt600? thanks in advance for the help/advise.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
Not in the least bit without major modifications to the chassis for mounting along with many other things. You're looking at a ton of work, and if you don't have the ability to tig weld, you'll be paying a shop a hefty amount to have them jig everything up to where the weight is in the proper place, final drive is aligned, etc., and weld it all.

Out of curiosity, if you were to go to all that trouble, why not use a late model 955i engine? Is it to get away from injection?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no its not to get away from fuel injection, buddy wiped put on my tt about a year ago and did some damaged to the crank case, so i had a line a speed triple motor for pennies on the dollar, but it fell through anyways. so im just trying to figure out how to get the bike running again. thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts