Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a web site or way of telling what type of engine these serial numbers are.
The problem is the Trident serial number. I need to know what type
of engine it is. This number comes from a Trident engine I picked up from a s***** yard. The Triumph service manual has 2 types of engines listed for this bike one is 98ps and the other 85 ps and mentions to refer to he owners manual for the model and year.
I dont know if I have the 98 ps or 85ps

Trident 375dft033757 the t might just be a 1 or I im not sure.

Tiger d012268. :hammer:

·
Registered
844 Posts
This wouldn't be the difference between a 750 and 900/885 engine would it? The 750 was never sold in the USA, though I wouldn't know about Canada.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Progress

Did you ever find a way? I bought what I thought was an 01 TT600 engine, and I'm starting to think it's an 02. Didn't think there would be any differences, but I'm noticing that little things like the rotor bolt and other little things different. Just trying to make sure I have the same engine.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Carstend, you might want to start your own thread about whatever issue you're having instead of reviving a 5 year old thread started by someone who hasn't logged into the site for 4 years asking about a completely different issue with a completely different motor. Also, while I'm at it, it helps us help you if you put your bike model and year and your location in your profile info.

Not trying to be mean here, just trying to help you get the info you're after.

Cheers,
-Kit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts