Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Does anyone know whether someone sells new engine screw/bolt replacement 'kits' for Bonnevilles? A lot of the phillips head screw and hex bolt heads on my bike are showing wear and look untidy. Years ago I was able to buy a kit with a complete set of replacement phillip head screws, nuts and bolts. Are they still available?

I have also in the past purchased a allen bolt replacement kit for CB750 Honda to replace the cheese head phillip screws that were fitted to the cases.

cheers, shep.

·
Registered
370 Posts
British bike suppliers carry them and just about every bike shop can order complete case bolt sets. Usually they come as allen head. You can even get chrome sets.
If your bike is post Whitworth, any fastener supply store sells UNC allen head bolts even in stainless.
Phillips head bolts have got to be the worst design. They're an invitation to slip and round off.

·
Registered
221 Posts
hi chep,theres a guy on ebay that sells what you want and more,punch in triumph and then and scroll threw and you will find what you need,,,im in west sydney if your up for a ride im good to go,,wellcome to the forum,,,albert the tip rat

·
Registered
66 Posts
hi,
you could try .... '.britishspares.com' they are in NZ good service, good price. i got allen screws in stainless for my amal at a blo*dy good price, not to mention all the other stuff that i have ordered from them

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for your help and links! Greatly appreciated. I must be going mad. I have only recently got this 82 T140E and am actually enjoying the challenge of trying to restore it and fix the oil and exhaust leaks! Whether I will actually succeed is another matter...

Many thanks, shep.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Back a few months ago, My local Ace Hardware swiched suppliers for bolts and had to sell their entire inventory. I bought around 3 engine sets worth of stainless bolts at around 3 CENTS a piece. A good deal I would think!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts