Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '03 and the only thing I don't like about it is the fact that when the engine is warm and rain, etc. gets on it, it spots the paint. Very difficult to remove the spots.

Anyone find a solution to this?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have an '03 and the only thing I don't like about it is the fact that when the engine is warm and rain, etc. gets on it, it spots the paint. Very difficult to remove the spots.

Anyone find a solution to this?
just head to your local shop and pick up some engine detailing products.

if you just want something quick grab a detailing spray (make sure to read the label some are not to be used on engines because of the heat).

it will make the water bead and drip off and also make any water spots easier to remove.

I use a meguiars product I can't remember the exact name here at work but there are many company's of course.

here's a link with simple procedures:
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-engine.html
for a car engine but similar methods I guess. (it may be overkill in my mind hahah)
if you want more options for brands of products just navigate back to the main page and start searching

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Get a can of S-100 Engine Brightener. I use it on my '01, and the cases look as good as the day I brought it home.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Plexus, hands down. I originally heard about it word of mouth, and it had to be purchased off the web from aviation supply sites, but now i see it popping in at the bike shops. I use it on every square inch of my bike, to include my helmet, its in a class of its own. I feel your pain on the rain drops, where i live, the news gives a forcast on % chance of NOT raining... :SadSigh:

·
Registered
175 Posts
+1 on the Plexus. I love that stuff for my helmets and visors. Havent tried it on the bike yet though. I'll have to give it a shot.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info.
I like Plexus too. Great for the helmet.
Will give S-100 a try on the engine.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Picked up a can of S100 Engine Brightner. That stuff is better than good, it's great.
Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Something a lot cheaper that I found works just as well is "Armour-All Wheel and Tire Cleaner". I use that for the entire bike except the plastic. Gets ALL the grime off. I have gotten it on the plastic, and while I clean it off immediatly, I never have had any ill effects. Make sure you get the kind that doesn't have the tire shiners in it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts