Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just put my EFI Thrux back toghther after installing the Air injection removal kit and the Air box removal kit . I started it up and now the Engine Management Malfunction Indicator light stays on.
I think this is to be expected as the EFI can not sort out the mixture correctly untill it is remapped. I will not be riding it untill the remap and dyno on Friday (putting the bike on the trailer). Just wonderd if this was normal before the remap . As I don't want to get there and there be a problem .
Peace of mind realy.

·
Registered
721 Posts
This seems to happen with all these efi bikes. Plenty of posts if you search. Whih my Tiger 3 cycles brings it right.

Scroll down and see the posts.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
If it runs OK then ride it.
The light will come on after the battery has been disconnected and should go out after three heat cycles on the engine. At least, that's what happens on my Tiger but that's water cooled. Don't know how the air cooled engines tell when they're hot.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the replys.
I did read that thread last night but it didn't come to any conclusions.
What I wll do is take all the AI bits with me to the dyno just incase. If the air valve which has the 2 pin plug is required to stop the engine management light iluminating I can leave it plugged in for now then get a 19 ohm resister to replace it. I wouldn't think it is monitored anyway .
I just wanted some to say that it happend to them and was sorted once a Tuneboy was used to remap it was sorted.
I will post results and readings for future refrence .
Cheers Alec

·
Registered
745 Posts
FI is like having another wife ain't it?

I got a little change in my pocket going jing-a-ling-a-ling
want to call you on the telephone 'n give you a ring
but each time we talk I get the same old thing
always no huggy no kissy until I get a wedding ring
my honey my baby don't put my love upon no shelf
she said "don't hand no lines and keep your hands to yourself"

baby baby baby why you want to treat me this way
you know I'm still your lover boy 'n I still feel the same way
that's when she told me a story 'bout free milk and a cow
and said "no huggy no kissy until I get a wedding vow"
my honey my baby don't put my love upon no shelf
she said "don't hand me no lines and keep your hands to yourself"

EVERYBODY DANCE!!!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I haven't got a chance to dig into an EFI Triumph twin yet, but I am becoming quite the expert with Ducati's. With them, you can clear-out the error codes so the light doesn't come on after mods. They use a Magneti-Marelli ECU.

Does anyone know what the OEM brand of the Triumph twin's ECU? A part number would be great too.

/Mike

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Does anyone know what the OEM brand of the Triumph twin's ECU? A part number would be great too.

/Mike
I believe the ECU for the EFI bikes is made by Keihin (as are the throttle bodies). Not sure if it incorporates the electronics for the ignition circuit as well, i.e. if it has replaced the Gill "ignitor", but the coils are different on the EFI bikes.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thank you for the replys.
I did read that thread last night but it didn't come to any conclusions.
What I wll do is take all the AI bits with me to the dyno just incase. If the air valve which has the 2 pin plug is required to stop the engine management light iluminating I can leave it plugged in for now then get a 19 ohm resister to replace it. I wouldn't think it is monitored anyway .
I just wanted some to say that it happend to them and was sorted once a Tuneboy was used to remap it was sorted.
I will post results and readings for future refrence .
Cheers Alec
Old thread, same problem. I tried reconnecting the air valve and it didn't do anygood. I'm going to ride it (runs just fine) and see if it will reset itself. If not, I'll have the dealer do it. Black tape fix for now.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
You don't have to live with it unless you like it :)
With AI removed and solenoid disonnected, plug in a 100 ohm/10 watt resistor. Ride the bike to a local autoparts store and have them plug in their OBDII code reader under the seat and reset your light.
Thank me later ;)
George

1 - 10 of 10 Posts