Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It came on suddenly the other day, during a 4 day trip. After the usual 3 hot/cold cycles it went out. Then it came on again. We had no rain, during the trip, by the way. The fault code is telling me that the air temperature on the intake is too cold. Ambient temperature, is usually about 30 deg C or 86 deg F here at the moment, if that helps.

I have swapped the other air sensor (under the tank) which has the same part number and for all intense and purposes seems to be identical but the problem is still there.

I run a Micron Titanium ultralite half system with the 'Arrow underseat' tune. I have tried other tunes, including going back to standard but it does not change the problem.

As soon as the dealer resets the light, it comes back on again. The bike seems to run perfectly and goes like a maniac. I`d like to try and get some good tech help on here, before trying the 'other' site, so any ideas???

Before anyone suggests it, YES, I have already thought about black electrical tape over the light.

:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I would suggest that you trace the wires back from the sensor to the ECM. It sounds like there might be an intermittent connection issue. Perhaps the sensor and ECM are fine and the connection between them is the problem.

You may have already done this, but it's the only thing that comes to mind that might be causing the problem.

Good luck, let us know how you get on with it...

TripleThreat

1 - 2 of 2 Posts