Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me stage by stage for idiots the 3 cooling cycles system for clearing the Orange "stealer only" Engine management Light for my Girlie..........Please

·
Registered
240 Posts
Start bike, run until fan comes on, switch off. After you switch off, wait until you hear the power relay under the seat click before power-on again. Repeat another two times times.

Or buy a VAG OBDII cable, download TuneECU, connect to your PC (laptop by pref) and reset it yourself.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers,

How long does that take? My Girlie just don't get hot quickly enough. Noisy too with a TOR can. Think I will go somewhere remote with a book and a picnic.

Seriously though, Thanks a lot.

Paul

·
Registered
240 Posts
Cheers,

How long does that take? My Girlie just don't get hot quickly enough. Noisy too with a TOR can. Think I will go somewhere remote with a book and a picnic.

Seriously though, Thanks a lot.

Paul
Don't bother with the book and picnic. Just for a ride and stop a couple of times to take in the view(?).

·
Super Moderator
22,198 Posts
It will only go out after three cycles if the originating problem that caused it is no longer there.
Incidentally it's not only 'warm-up' that matters, it needs to cool down also before the next cycle begins - temp has to be below 72C before the next warm-up cycle is initiated

If it was on after you had done some maintenance (tank, air box etc off) and you had ignition on when something was disconnected, that will account for why it is on.
In which case, just ride normally and don't worry about 'forcing' it to go off.
But if it came on out of the blue, then it may not clear anyway and you will need to identify the cause.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts