Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have a 2018 T120 and bought some SW Motech engine guards for it. I went through the directions and the installation seemed really straightforward-two bolts on each side. I had a little bit of a problem getting a 17mm box back there-ended up buying a wrench and using a grinder to cut it in half to make myself a custom little stubby. Haha. Anyway, long story short, I got the guards on, torqued the bolts to spec according to the Haynes manual and thought I was good to go. However, when I looked a little closer, I found a gap between the engine and the frame. I followed the directions to a T and when I put those bolts in, there slid right in. All the other mounting points are without gaps, so it is weird to me that just one of them is problematic. I suppose there is a chance the gap was there before I started, but that doesn't seem likely. In the picture I included, the gap is to the right of the magnetic stick which I put there for reference. Can anyone help at all with this?

Registered
Hi Cimarosti
I have just been down in may garage and checked my T120.
I have the same gap on the left hand side.
Right hand side has no gap. 馃敡馃敥
Never touched the bolts.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Cimarosti
I have just been down in may garage and checked my T120.
I have the same gap on the left hand side.
Right hand side has no gap. 馃敡馃敥
Never touched the bolts.
Hey, man. I really appreciate you checking on this for me. I took that bolt out last night and looked. There isn't actually a gap between the frame and engine; it just looks like that. When you look through where the bolt comes out, it is all one piece. Hard to explain, but I feel much better about things right now.

Thanks again for taking the time to look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts