Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suppose this has been talkedover before but can i have your opinions on wheather to de-cat the r3 or leave it on. If it's removed does it effect the gas milage it sure sounds better, does it give the engine better breathability,and more power. Ive looked back on the forum but can't find any info on this subject. sorry if i;m rakeing up old ground but your opinions matter to me

·
Registered
690 Posts
I'm going to de-cat mine as soon as I round up some D&D slipons.
I personally ain't real worried about mileage,
I want a better sound but not obnoxious, plus I want 2 pipes and both on the same side, so I can run a darkside tire and turn the valve stem around.
And yes, if you decat it and add the 5 K&N filters you should gain HP.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Curb,

Read some of the mileage threads for additional background. Most owners going to a modified exhaust also add Power Commander to improve performance and take advantage of a free flowing exhaust. At least in my opinion from reading the posts, mileage appears to suffer.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just did this.

Got a deal on Ebay $450 pipes and cat bypass. Easy install and I'm certainly no mechanic.

Don't know much about mileage decrease. Quite a bit louder than stock. I also got the Tor download which seemed to make decel popping worse. I just replaced one of the Tors with a stock (told by dealer that this would create more back preasure) It seems to have helped a little with the popping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts