Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, I attempted a search but unfortunately I keep getting a three word minimum reproach every time I try so here it goes. My bike is an 08 T100 with 1,000 miles on it. I took it in for the service at 500 miles and had the AI removed at that time. Other than that, the bike is totally stock. When I stop at a light and idle for thirty or so seconds the bike cuts out. The tank is pretty full, the bike is in neutral with the clutch out and idle is set at around 900 rpm. I'm off tomorrow so I'm gonna take a crack at it but need some advice. What do you guys think? Thanks, Bob

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
The factory's idle speed should be 1000+-50 rpm but you're not too far from that. You could try raising it a bit until the engine is loosened off a bit more. It might be a bit tight still and not run-in. Mind you, 1000 miles should be enough to loosen it off.

When the AI was removed they should have capped off some vacuum stubs on the manifold. Check that this has been done and that the cap is not split or missing.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May have found the reason?

I took a look under the tank and saw that the purge valve which is part of the California emissions package(evaporative loss control system) is not capped. You can see it here http://www.bikebandit.com/triumph-m...trol-system-california-only/o/m17667sch570075 It is part # 20. I couldn't start the bike this evening because the kids are in bed so I couldn't check to see if there is any vaccume. I'll check it out tomorrow and see if this could be what's causing the trouble. It looks like it's disconnected because of the AI removal. Any ideas?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Duh...oh

I checked it today and couldn't feel any vaccume from the purge valve. Should I cap it anyway? Any ideas folks from California?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts