Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 Bonneville black that I would like to add a little bling to. I want to keep my black covers, so I'm looking at buying either chromed covers or plating some replacement covers. Does anyone know how interchangeable in model years the covers are? (clutch,sprocket,stator and cam). Thanks

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
All the bonneville (2001 on) are interchangeable. The earlier models had a breather tube in the clutch cover, but this can be easily removed (just pulls out). They come up on ebay or in the classifieds here quite often.

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you can't find chrome covers at the right price you could consider the brushed aluminium covers and polish through the lacquer to the bare metal, the end result is gorgeous and very shiny.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had thought about doing the same with my 2006 Bonneville black. But, the price of replacement parts seemed high. And, are you guys sure that the newer covers (865cc) will fit?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd resurrect this one. I want to change my brushed cover to black. I've been offered one cheaply, but I don't know what year it's off........do they all fit over all the years ie carb/EFI (my bike is a 2004) or do I need specific covers (that also applies to the black engine covers?).

Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far everything that I have changed out I didn't have a problem of fitting with. My last thing to do is change out the valve cover. I purchased extra covers to have them chromed but all the bids to chrome them was as much or more than the chrome people wanted. One caveat is the wavy washer for the starter motor which I thought that I had lost when I removed the primary cover. Of course I found the washer on the same day that my replacement part came in.
Craig

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Chrome Scrambler

On my prior Scrambler I swapped out all of the black covers with chrome ones from a T100 I picked up from a fellow member here. No issues at all and I should have never sold that bike......

·
Registered
8,872 Posts
Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd resurrect this one. I want to change my brushed cover to black. I've been offered one cheaply, but I don't know what year it's off........do they all fit over all the years ie carb/EFI (my bike is a 2004) or do I need specific covers (that also applies to the black engine covers?).

Thanks

Rob
the cover are the same but if yours has the old style breather (i think it shoud) you will have to put your breather tube in the other cover .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts