Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another question from this weekend's teardown (2006 carb T100)...

1. Engin Casing hole (please excuse the rusty chain!) - seems like something should be bolted in here. Any idea what's missing, or why it would be removed?
  2. Electrical Connectors - I've removed the tank, and have these two cables underneath - any one know what these are for?
Thanks all - stay safe!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Casing hole was for a plastic cable clip, it was deleted after the cables were re-routed some time after 2004.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks fullplat1.

Anyone have any ideas on those electrical connectors? They were under the tank, and didn't seem to be connected to anything.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Thanks fullplat1.

Anyone have any ideas on those electrical connectors? They were under the tank, and didn't seem to be connected to anything.
The large connector is for the EVAP system, only fitted to California models. The smaller connector is the 12 volt accessory connector (USB phone charging/cigarette lighter socket etc.).

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The large connector is for the EVAP system, only fitted to California models. The smaller connector is the 12 volt accessory connector (USB phone charging/cigarette lighter socket etc.).
Thanks so much Ripper!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Be careful with the accessory connector, it is subject to dirt and causing the fuse to blow. I snipped mine out and insulated the wires with heat shrink and tied them back onto the loom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts