Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm due to change my oil filter and my local accessory shop can supply me with a Emgo filter for a 790 Bonnie. I expect it will fit my Thrux but want confirmation. Are all 790/865 twin oil filters the same part? (I can measure the filter before I buy to see if it is the same length)

What sort of reputation do Emgo have?

Cheers

·
Registered
679 Posts
I think all Triumph oil filters, other than the internal type are the same. I use one from local shop that fits its pn is 191 same as the K&N filter. It fits Kawaski something or other as well. The best go is to change the oil and filter often It's not cheap but neither was your bike. Don't know about emgo filters.

Darcy

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I know it can be difficult and expensive to get Triumph parts, but unless you have no alternative, stick with OEM parts there. You'll have a friend for life.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
See the information and chart in this thread:

Oil Filters

Some American users including me use the Purolater Pure One PL14612 based on this information, but I don't know if that's available down under. Many riders also like the K&N because it has a 13mm (I think) nut on the end of the can so it's easy to remove (and it's "motorcycle-specific" for what that's worth), but then a can-type oil filter wrench is almost as easy and works on most of them.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
The k&n one works well. the stock one is really well made also. I tried a bosch one, which actually had trouble sealing for some reason, and caused my bike to be a leaker!
(da noive)
so I stick with stock or k&n
if the emgo has a o-ring seal it may work ok, the flat type seals dont seem to work as well
G

1 - 5 of 5 Posts