Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pull up at the lights on the way home last night and then when I went to take off the bike died and when I went to re-start her nonthing no electrics at all (only the alarm works). Checked all the fuses they are alright so it was off to the bike shop in the back of the ute this morning.

Anyone had this happen before

Duck
Patriots Australia
Melbourne :2guns:

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Hard to say what it might be. Did you ever put a battery tender on it?
My bike had the voltage regulator and battery replaced recently as the battery had died.
Good luck!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
may only be a loose battery terminal, or maybe a connector in the headlight came loose
G

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
I may be wrong, but i seem to recall reading about a fuse that is inline with the battery and not in the fuse box. You may want to investigate that. I didn't see it in the diagram, but if it does exist it would be the likely suspect.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Because you lost all electrical. the battery is the first place to look. Undo the terminals and scrape a shiny spot and note if the terminals were loose.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I would definet ly check the batt connections first including the opposite end of the ground connection.

Erwin

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By the looks of it, it was the battery connections. Just very frustrating when you are on the side of hte road trying to get home and this happens. Will know for next time if it happens.

Don't know what annoys me more the fact that the Trumpy broke down or the fact that no other bike riders stopped to see if everything was alright. What ever happened to looking after a mate on a bike who is in trouble.

:2guns:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
patriot604,

What happen to those days when somebody would stop to make sure you are ok, is they are gone.

Everybody is in a hurry and afraid to get involved with somebody else, so they just pretend you don't exist. And the other is the Advent of the cell phone. Most people just assume that you have one, and that you have already called for help.

It's not like it was riding in the 60's and 70's, the newbies don't know the rules nor do they care.

Thanks, now I'm off my soap box.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Duck, glad you got it sorted out!

There is a website for Biker Friendly where you can get a sticker and "instructions" for being friendly and helpful to other bikers in need of roadside assistance.

I understand we're all busy & in a hurry, but all it might take is a few minutes to help someone stranded with their bike.

By the way, while looking for their web site, I stumbled on this one, with this funny video...
here, at Rider Friendly.

I might try that sometime. :-D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts