Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a British Customs fender eliminator with the leds on the license plate holder. I installed and it seemed to work great. Then I notice, I'm not getting any "running lights". Only Brake lights when braking.

So I temporarily re-hooked (connected the harness into the square plug) up my old fender with the lights etc still attached and NO running lights then either, only brake light when hitting the brakes.

The Thrux does have running lights doesn't it?? I dont remember looking. Is there a fuse that controls running lights that the brake and blinkers dont use??

Thanks for the help, kjazz

·
Registered
226 Posts
I also have the BC wide fender kit with the Lucas-style tailight. I have the muted brake light as my only running light. The lens is clear underneath to illuminate the license plate.
If you want the main circuit diagram, I'll scan it and post it for you.

·
Banned
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hozer, I've got that diagram. Last night I found two blown fuses, #8 and 10. So I'll replace those and probably everything will work perfectly and I'll then try re-installing my Kriss Brake/Signal Flasher unit that I bought recently. I spoke with the guys at British Customs yesterday and they talked me through their wiring (Blue=Brake, Red=Running Lite), and I traced the New Bonneville harness map to the stock Triumph (female) recepticle using the Shop Manual. Everything looks like it'll work just fine.

·
Registered
959 Posts
On 2006-11-19 09:45, kwajazz wrote:
Thanks Hozer, I've got that diagram. Last night I found two blown fuses, #8 and 10. So I'll replace those and probably everything will work perfectly and I'll then try re-installing my Kriss Brake/Signal Flasher unit that I bought recently. I spoke with the guys at British Customs yesterday and they talked me through their wiring (Blue=Brake, Red=Running Lite), and I traced the New Bonneville harness map to the stock Triumph (female) recepticle using the Shop Manual. Everything looks like it'll work just fine.

Jazzdude, If you blew 2 fuses, you have a pinched wire somewhere, or you left the ignition key on during your install work and blew the fuses that way.

Check the wiring for those two fuses and see where fubar is. Fuses blow for a reason (short-hot went to ground).

Keep us posted.

Steve, gears, shims, gland nuts.

:yayyy: :chug: :yayyy:

PS: Duel Everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts