Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All ,

Right here goes - Going to work this morning on my TT600 on the motorway noticed the bike "blip" it tried to die but then kept going . Got to my turn off stopped and the engine stopped .

When the engine was stopped i had all lighting and noticed that the engine management light was flickering randomly and i could hear clicking under my seat and the fuel pump priming when the ECU light flickered .

The lights were on and the bike was turning but not firing ( it fired once but went out and i could here the radom clicking noise from under the seat ( Solenoid ? )

Got the bike recovered and the battery was showing 11.20 volts .

Totally baffled could this be the infamous regulator/rectifier ?
anyone any ideas ?

Cheers

·
Registered
111 Posts
Do you have an alarm fitted? I had been getting a clicking noise from indicator relay recently even though the indicators wern't on the clicking rate changed if you switched on the indicators. then yesterday the alarm kept going off when parked even though it hadn't been armed. when I switched on the ignition the LCD display would light up but the display was blank and the starter would not turn and the relay was clicking away. I checked the connections where the alarm meets the main loom of the bike and discovered that they were corroded. sprayed on some contact cleaner and greased the connections and every thing is OK now.
Might not be the same fault as yours but could be worth checking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts