Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I recently bought a 94 speed triple fitted with a datatool s4 alarm. This morning I kinda lost it when working on the bike and being unable to get the alarm to stop sounding,despite my disarming it correctly. So now I have a pile of alarm bits and a bike that won;t repond to the start button. Has anyone been in this situation before and can advise me on how best to remove the remains of the alarm and get back to having a happy bike again?
thanks in advance. T

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
There are two connectors for the alarm in the wiring harness.

When the alarm is installed, the alarm plugs into one and a loop-back plug is removed from the other.

The loop-back plug is supposed to be sent to Datatool when the alarm is installed.

If you are NOT going to reinstall the alarm, you can jumper pins 6 and 8 of the loop-back connector. These should be grey/white wires.

You can purchase 'T-Tap" or "T-Splice" connectors at most automotive supply shops, splice into the grey/white wires and add a jumper between the two tap connectors.

If you plan on re-installing the alarm then contact your dealer and/or Datatool and see if they have a replacement plug available while you're having the alarm serviced.

Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts