Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where to put this, so apologies if it's wrong.

I've posted a few times on various forums that I haven't replaced a battery since 1970 and only had one go flat when I've accidentally left the lights on.

Started the Street this morning to go to work after a three week holiday to find a flat battery - sequenced up but could only manage a half hearted attempt at turning the starter.

A week before going away I fitted an auxillary socket in a rush without having it ignition switched. It was a USB socket, not a standard auxillary one. Figured as a temporary measure it would be OK with nothing plugged into it, but forgot that a USB socket has a built in 12V/5V converter that draws current even when it's unused.

I reckon a 12 or 14 AH battery as fitted to most bikes would still have been OK, but the stock 8AH had no chance.

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,585 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Every few years I like to take a holiday where I can place a sun lounger where if I roll off on one side I'm in the pool and if I roll off the other way the barman puts a beer in my hand. The routine is a swim, a beer, and a laze in the sun with a book. After every third beer I have to walk about ten yards to the gents to take a piss.

The bike's a workhorse, so riding isn't really a holiday.

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts