Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering if something like this has happened to anyone else before, any advice would be so greatly appreciated.
we just relocted from So Cal to riding Nirvana -- Mendocino No Cal. told the trucker(good guy) our stuff is not deluxe, except dont bust the bike!! We did take out insurance, wouldn't you know it, everything comes of the truck fine, even the Pinball machine made it.
The bike was strapped down on the sidestand and must have pitched hard, -- Busted Clutch lever -- no big deal , but then I look closer and she's leaned way too far on the sidestand ---- I'm not sure if its the stand itself or the frame tab its connected to -- problem is there are no Triumph dealers anywhere up here --- wondering if this ever happened to anyone before????? its an insurance thing now, so I can't even swap the lever to ride it somewhere ---- any ideas would be great!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,212 Posts
I'm not sure what you want to be told.

You can buy a new clutch lever (and be reimbursed for it) so you can ride it to someone who can deal with the sidestand. You can put the broken one back on to "restore" it to its damaged state if the adjuster needs to see it that way.

I would think that any shop that does fabrication, welding, etc would be able to deal with the side stand.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Way of the road?

The side stand is really soft metal, I do know that because I had to bend the little arm to fit my NH Togas. I am willing to bet that a new sidestand will remedy the situation, or perhaps you can bend the old one back.

By the way! Its great to see your Bubbles icon! One of my favorite series! As a matter of fact, my cat is named Steve French (6th or 7th season I think.)

Sorry about your bike. Way she goes boys.....way she goes.:)

Ill try to post a shot of my frame tab tomorrow, maybe you can compare it with yours and determine if its the frame or the stand.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
twisted lug

Danny,

I park my bike in the long stay car park at Aberdeen airport, for two weeks at a time when I'm at work (24hr attendant cover) I leave the bike on the sidestand, chained and covered with a tarpaulin.

The earlier Scrambler I had, I came back from a trip once to find it parked on the centrestand :confused: The attendant said the bike had been blown over by a gale and they couldn't get it to sit on the sidestand again. It took two of them to get it on the centrestand, because I'd threaded the chain through the scram's sidestand loop then round a railing. As the bike was blown completely over, the weight of the bike against the chain bent the stand down.

I later bent it back the other way, I don't think it was the stand but the lug that bent back. It doesn't need to move more than a couple of degrees to make a big difference to the amount the bike leans. Once it was horsed back into position it didn't give me any further trouble.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome to Mendoland! You'll be able to use all of your tires up here! Don't know where you are at, but MendoMoto in Redwood Valley is pretty centrally located 485-1662. Tom in Talmage

1 - 5 of 5 Posts