Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there...I have been to look at a Thruxton for sale and its one of the last carb and clip on models...but it has the later EFI style tank? I have been assured by Triumph that this was an actual model during the cross over from old to new but has anyone else seen or got one? I believe its just the tank thats different as I know the later bikes also changed in other ways like wheelbase etc. Anyway, it looks great (black with gold stripe), I like the fact its a bit different to the norm and the price is spot on but would just be interested in what you guys think about potential issues or things to be suspicious about.

Thanks!

·
Registered
249 Posts
my bike is an 08 carb'd bike with an efi tank. no big deal. manufacture date was late 07. no problems at all with the bike.

·
Registered
866 Posts
For 08 much of the world outside the US received EFI. So viola, EFI tanks for the world. Some say the are more bulbous, and they are probably correct, but I don't let it bother me.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have an 08 USA carb and clip on with the bigger efi tank that was used in the rest of the world that already got efi in 08. Consider it a unique bike, especially in Chromium color that is no longer offered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts