Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter is quickly approaching and with that comes the time to make all the changes I've been planning for my bike. The only problem is that I've been looking around and the only tunes available for the Scrambler are the default Triumph tunes. I'm planning on pulling the airbox and adding a new exhaust (and possibly new throttle bodies), but I'm hesitant to do that without having a tune to load.

Are there tunes out there for Scramblers with these mods or am I just out of luck? How big a deal would it be to just use the Arrow map?

Thanks in advance for the replies and any insights.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Close. I'm running airbox-less with a 2-1 (Zard Cross) exhaust, no AI and no O2 sensors, and I have a pretty good tune for it. If you'd like it to use at least as a starting point for your setup, it'd likely work quite well.

I tuned this based on the road and dyno time. Three total sessions. Total power output was 62hp and... I don't remember how much torque, but a goodly amount. =) That was with the baffle out, though.

It runs a lot more ignition advance, requires 91 octane, and aims for around 12.7-13.2 AFRs. Fuel milage remains about the same as stock, though I use less throttle these days, since it takes less with a proper tune.

If you want the tune, it's here.

- Eddie

Winter is quickly approaching and with that comes the time to make all the changes I've been planning for my bike. The only problem is that I've been looking around and the only tunes available for the Scrambler are the default Triumph tunes. I'm planning on pulling the airbox and adding a new exhaust (and possibly new throttle bodies), but I'm hesitant to do that without having a tune to load.

Are there tunes out there for Scramblers with these mods or am I just out of luck? How big a deal would it be to just use the Arrow map?

Thanks in advance for the replies and any insights.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was poking around in TuneECU a bit looking at the map and saw it was for a mechanical odometer, where mine is LCD. I hate to cross post, but it doesn't look like the EFI forum gets much traffic. Here is the thread I put up, if anyone could help me out (again... Sorry...) I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I believe there are unseen items in the programming that differentiate the mechanical and digital maps.
I suppose you could copy the tables from the "donor" map and paste to an LCD map. Use the compare feature with both maps before beginning to see if all (F, L, I...) tables are different.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yep, Matty is right. But if it's one of the digital ODO/CANBUS versions, I'm not sure about how it'd work.

What year is your Scrammy?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hmmm, okay. Yeah, that's the CANBUS model. Not sure exactly what the dilly is with those. =) I could probably find a stock map for the 2012 to take a look at, though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Triumph Twin Power has tunes for EFI Scramblers. It is where I am going when I start my engine mods.

PieMan (on here) owns this company. Seems to be pretty good. Makes me want to talk to him. Learn about my bike.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've used a Pieman tune in the past with a set of TORS.
Now just quietly biding my time for the arrival of some 2-1 tunes for the 360* twins!

Definitely the way to go, total transformation with minimal hassle. I've made a few tweaks here and there to the standard arrow map to compensate for fitting the Breathe and air box baffle removal to abate sounds of spit-back within the air box (due to lean running) but it's nowhere near anything like the performance I had running the TORS and a Tune2 with ignition advance.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very cool. I guess that'll solve that problem then :)

Thanks for the heads up, I swear those weren't there when I posted. Thanks for the heads up :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts