Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just thinking of exhaust questions that haven't been discussed yet.

What results would occur from getting a TORs remap while running stock exhaust?

I ask because sooner or later (more likely later) I'll be switching out silencers and will need to remap. I'm just wondering what would happen if I did it in reverse order.

Gentlemen, start your engines...

·
29,948 Posts
I don't understand why you would want to do that. Just wait until you get the silencers you want and remap then.

As for what would happen - don't know - maybe it would run a bit too rich. I'm not very familiar with EFI systems. Maybe it would still correct itself.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
This is done by a few with Tiger955i. It is said to smooth the delivery at low rpms and eliminate any flat spots in the delivery.
I've been considering trying this with my Scrambler because that seems to have a large flat spot between 2500 & 4000 rpm.
I'm sure you won't do any harm. I'd be interested to hear the result should you do it.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Nothing much would happen but I agree with Prop, why would you do it now? Just wait until your pipes get in and do it all then.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I've been told the stock map is very lean to meet emissions tests and a richer map with stock pipes actually improves performance and makes it run smoother. I know my '09 EFI Bonneville runs MUCH smoother and faster with a richer map and Norman Hyde Togas. It's like a different motorcycle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts