Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm TRYING to pick the correct thread without starting one myself regarding '09 EFI exhausts for the new Truxton. Does the stock pipes come with or need 02 sensor ports? If so, I presume aftermarket pipes will need 02 sensor ports as well?

·
30,296 Posts
I think this was better as its own thread.

Anyway, as far as I know the sensor is in the headers on the EFI bikes, so replacing silencers (which in most cases is all that you do) does not involve a change to the sensor location.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think this was better as its own thread.

Anyway, as far as I know the sensor is in the headers on the EFI bikes, so replacing silencers (which in most cases is all that you do) does not involve a change to the sensor location.
The question doesn't just go to clip-on exhaust cans, but also a whole new exhaust: headers and pipes, e.g., D and D Exhaust's 2 into 1 race pipe?

http://www.danddexhaust.com/catalog/2006/06/47921m.htm

I know the catalog says 2004 to 2006 models. But I'm in the market for an '09 Truxton and want this pipe. I know because the '09 is EFI, it will need to be tuned, but my question was regarding the 02 sensor(s).

·
30,296 Posts
Ah ha, well there you are. Yes you will need to make sure provision is made for your sensors in your new headers. You can have a welder weld an appropriate bung in there for you, but where you get the bung I do not know - you could easily have a machine shop make them for you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the following reply back from D & D:

"Sorry that system will not work on 09 and at this time we don't have anything for the 09 and I don't have a date for when we will."

I prefer 2 into 1 and from what I've read the Arrow 2 into 1 is a quality piece. I like the looks, but it has a quality price!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Just to confirm - The O2 sensors are, in fact, located in the header down pipes just below the oil cooler.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
30,296 Posts
Told ya! (sort of). you can always modify that D & D and weld bungs in. I don't see why that wouldn't work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts