Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am interested in getting on '09 EFI speedmaster. Like most, I want to squeeze out a little extra juice. I know that on the carb bikes the first things to do are remove the airbox and AI, get some more free flowing pipes and retune the carbs.

My main question is will the more common airbox elimination kits fit the new EFI setups?

I have also seen on the Norman Hyde site that a reflash isn't really necessary when you change pipes, at least using theirs, even though Triumph does have a different EFI map for TORs?

This being the case, do any of you think if the airbox elimination kits do fit the EFI setup, will a TOR reflash be enough to increase fuel with the increased airflow from airbox elimination and more open pipes?

I also understand tuneboy has some maps for the speedy/america, but that is another $500 investment.

And finally, NH also does not recommend AI elimination on the EFI bikes. Thoughts?

·
29,948 Posts
British Customs have an EFI remap that works with their airbox removal kit and predators and gives a pretty reasonable gain. Check out the dyno sticky at the top of the forum.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I had seen where BC were working on an EFI performance kit, but being that what is listed on their site includes new jets for carbs, I didn't know if it would work with the EFI. I guess I was just worried that the real estate may have changed with the removal of the carbs and the carb kits may not fit.

Also, not sure where one would get the BC EFI map. Dealer, maybe?

·
29,948 Posts
If you have a dealer install your ARK and pipes they can certainly do the map for you as well, alternatively you can get a tuneboy and british customs will send you the map to upload yourself.

You could also install the ark and pipes, and I suspect your dealer would upload the map. Most dealers will work out a deal with you, they want your business. They would obviously prefer to do the whole install.

Call british customs and ask for Sean, or PM sean (member BC-twins)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts