Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been posted before but thought i`d just remind anyone who has not checked there ECU, i thought i had mine sorted from the first year so never looked :-(

to my horror it has started to rust, so removed what i could, blasted it with ACF 50, dug out the old silicone sealer i used to fill the holes in the mudguard, ruffed it up with emery cloth ( do both sides ), clean and re silicone the holes.

note to self !! CHECK IT EVERY YEAR !!

if you aint looked yet do it now, its only 1 bolt and a plastic prize out thingy and no need to unplug anything !!

KK

·
Registered
391 Posts
Bugger! I did mine when I got it 2 years ago and have not looked since, thanks for the tip mate........................off to the shed for a look see. :)

Andy.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Thanks for reminder. Will check mine. So far it's been good as I plugged the holes on the rear fender when I first brought the bike home on the suggestion of folks on this site

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
You'll have to tell me what this "rust" is. I've heard there are some really old folks in Arizona who have actually seen it, but being 58 I've only heard about it.........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts