Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any luck purchasing a EBC floating disk recently for a Thruxton (I have a 2004 Thrux)? I've been trying to find someone who has them in stock - have asked the usual suppliers but no luck as yet. Any thoughts would be helpful.
Thx...Matt

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Ordered one for my T100 (I know, different size)from my local multi-line big buying power known for ever dealer in June 2008. Still waiting, they are on the second importer and still no disc. Should have bought one off the advertisers on here but I have a credit at the shop. Just have to keep wearing the brown cords 'til it arrives.

·
Registered
379 Posts
i know BC sells one for the bonneville but dont know if it will fit on your thruxton...call them or your dealer to ask

·
Registered
285 Posts
Explain in plain English.

What is the difference between a standard disc and a floating disc.

FrankW

·
Registered
10,855 Posts
A floating disk has a small amount of sideways movement, or "float". This allows it to be compressed more evenly by the brake pads. In other words, it's not biased to one side or the other of the caliper.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responses. I even tried to buy a second hand (used for 'one' race) EBC floater off ebay. For some reason the EBc disks are in real short supply. I have a Beringer caliper which works very well however I suspect that my OEM disk is slightly warped which is apparently relatively common for the earlier disks

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thanks Balto,

Always good to understand what is being talked about.

FrankW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts