Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I tried searching the forum but couldn't find any info on whether or not the LED headlight units available on ebay for the Tiger 800 are worth the investment (mine is a 2013). My stock headlight unfortunately is damaged where the windscreen mounts to the headlight, it is nothing a little JB weld can't fix but I would rather replace if possible. Does anyone have experience with these units?

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Light

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I simply replaced the bulbs with good quality LED bulbs in my 2012 and I'm very pleased. I know you are looking to replace the whole unit. But it is far less expensive to replace the bulbs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bulbs are not the same as a dedicated light. They look brighter from front tho but have a poor pattern at night. Think because the light refactors inside is made for a reg bulb.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I will have to find a link to the bulb I chose based on the recommendation of a mechanic.

I have no problem with the pattern of the bulb. It lights the road better and brighter than the stock bulb. It also shows up much better in the daylight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts