Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
'06 SM 865, Sceptre Exh, Uni Pods, 45p/148m, NBZT Needles, SAI X'd, Nology Coils, TTP S1 CDI
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering getting a set of "Easy Brackets" mounts for my saddlebags. My concern is that the bags will not be as stable/secure as when using standard fixed-mount brackets (flex, vibration, etc).

If you currently use; or, have previously used Easy Brackets - I would appreciate any/all feedback regarding your experiences with this mounting option!

Regards,
CFM

·
Registered
Tiger 900 GT Pro Svartpilen 401
1,117 Posts
I used a locally made equivalent of the Easy Brackets with no problems. I had them on an Indian Scout and the panniers were large enough for me to pack for a few weeks touring. You can see the stainless steel bracket on the left side. The bobbins bolted into the subframe and the brackets slid over them.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm considering getting a set of "Easy Brackets" mounts for my saddlebags. My concern is that the bags will not be as stable/secure as when using standard fixed-mount brackets (flex, vibration, etc).

If you currently use; or, have previously used Easy Brackets - I would appreciate any/all feedback regarding your experiences with this mounting option!

Regards,
CFM
I use Easy Mounts with large Viking hard cases with the shock cutouts. Easy install and no problems. Very secure whether empty or fully loaded.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have used them for many years however I found out the hard way that even an aircraft nut can come loose. I lost a very nice Saddleman bag somewhere on a back road one day driving the road next day looking for it to no avail. I sure hope that someone has it on display in their man cave and it didnt get chewed up by machinery. I replaced the bag with a different type but have kept the Easybrackets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts