Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what’s the difference between a motorcycle backpack, and a regular backpack (other than about $100). Thanks all!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Interesting question. Some motorcycle backpacks are more contoured. Some have a semi-rigid top to make them more aerodynamic. Some have extra reflective strips. They could be waterproof. Triumph gave me a backpack when I bought my Bobber. It works but I don't often use it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also usually have a waist and or a chest belt so that they don’t move around while riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I can only infer from your statement by regular backpack you mean a book bag or other cheap bag in the $15-30 range.
In that case you get what you pay for.
I understand some marketing is involved in pricing for motorcycle specific gear, but that goes for most products specific to an activity. If you think moto packs are expensive look into real hiking packs.

Now I can’t speak to all motorcycle specific packs but keigra gear is top notch. I have the r25,and the weight distribution make the pack disappear when I ride. 5 years in rain and on construction sites and the pack is still in perfect condition. Not to mention the reflective materials and a back protector. I really enjoy the fastening system easy to use with gloves and very secure. The bag also has expansion panels and straps to cinch the pack down so nothing is flapping in the wind.

I guess it comes down to what your using the pack for. To me commuting 100+ miles the extra $100 has paid off in spades, and I’ll have a pack to pass down to my grand kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a Bagster Modulo20 litre backpack that I bought on line from Germany.

https://www.fc-moto.de/en/Bagster-Modulo-Track-Motorcycle-Backpack

The shoulder straps are very comfortable and double as a chest strap, with a very easy to use buckle. It also has straps over the bag itself so that id it is not full it can be cinched down to prevent flapping. The only down side is that it doesn't have a zip which opens all the way around so it can be a bit odd getting large items in and out. Over all though it has been great, and it's less than two thirds of the price of a Kriega.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Interesting question. Some motorcycle backpacks are more contoured. Some have a semi-rigid top to make them more aerodynamic. Some have extra reflective strips. They could be waterproof. Triumph gave me a backpack when I bought my Bobber. It works but I don't often use it.
I could put that backpack to use if you would be interested in parting with it! 😁

1 - 7 of 7 Posts