Eastern USA Tiger Ride-In
June 4-6 2009
LET US KNOW YOU ARE COMING!!!
( [email protected] )

Riders Roost Motorcycle Resort & Campground
Ferguson, NC 28624
TEL: 336-973-8405

www DOT ridersroost DOT com
( http://www.ridersroost.com/index2.html )
Located in NW North Carolina

Roost Coordinates
Lat: 36.071094
Long: -81.403136

N 36 deg 4.26564 min
W 81 deg 24.18816 min

Directions: ( Be certain to visit website )
NC Highway 268 which runs between Wilkesboro and Lenoir in
northwestern North Carolina.
NC268 intersects two major US highways, US421 at Exit 286B (in
Wilkesboro) and US321 (in Lenoir;

·
Registered
166 Posts
3.5 hours to the north east from robbinsville. 190 miles or something? other side of asheboro, nc.

more like boone, hickory, statesville - that little triangle of NC.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Planning

I *am* planning a big trip... we'll see.. I would like to make it to this event... but... economy etc etc... WHat are the deadlines for it... ? How many people are signed up.

The Roost has a great reputation. The entire general area around the Roost is just as fine for riding as a round Robbinsville... the dragon is awesome, but so are all the other roads that dart up and around the mountains and the BRP.. My last trip was to this same areas and I would love to start off my next trip from there...

·
Registered
791 Posts
Hey Y'all,
Jason is right about the roads being spectacular. I've only had a few riders confirm they are attending and I'm firming up the details including the fee. Please note that you must contact Rider's Roost and make your own reservations for accomodations.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Reservation made

I am headed down from Maine with a stopover somewhere around Harrisburg PA. I am headed out on June 2nd ( maybe the 1st, we'll see... ) Just sent my reservation into the Roost...

This will be the first leg of a 45-60 trip around the States.

·
Registered
79 Posts
2009 Tiger Ride-In Info: One Stop Shopping

Head's up, Tiger Fans:

All the current details for the three 2009 US Tiger Ride-Ins are now posted on this webpage. Feel free to take a look and check back for updates. We'll keep it current as all the plans come together.

Hope to see all you Tiger fans at one of them, at least. Event Founder Jerry Moffit's goal is to see at least 50 Tigers at each one.
BTW, did you know that group of Tigers is called a "streak?" Hmmmm, sort of figures, huh? (Addendum: For the record and to avert any nightmares: i.e., Tiger stripes racing down the road.)
WOODY

·
Registered
896 Posts
UHmm.. err

Head's up, Tiger Fans:

All the current details for the three 2009 US Tiger Ride-Ins are now posted on this webpage. Feel free to take a look and check back for updates. We'll keep it current as all the plans come together.

Hope to see all you Tiger fans at one of them, at least. Event Founder Jerry Moffit's goal is to see at least 50 Tigers at each one.
BTW, did you know that group of Tigers is called a "streak?" Hmmmm, sort of figures in a strange way, huh?
WOODY
Uhm Ron... like,.,... well the last time I saw a streaker was in High school and that was so long ago that the thought of any of my current peers being involved on anything reminding one of a streak could cause some serious rentinal damage, not to mention the effect on the unsuspecting public... so just so we have one thing stright... no streaking... unles I get to just sit and watch YOU make afool of yourself, and then by all means do nto let me hold you back!

... way to stir up the conversation!!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
If you see an older BRG Sprint buzz by, wave. We have property to the north on the New River and I ride those roads on occasion. Great roads to the north around Sparta/Jefferson/Lansing (88/194) as well, and you can stop at Shatley Springs (16N out of Jefferson) and enjoy a great country-style meal!

Ah....curves....:cool:

Derswede

·
Registered
79 Posts
Tiger stuff...

10-4, Jason. I thought that might stir things up.... but I only was referring to the speed of our Tiger's stripes as they race by. We'll just leave that other stuff along the road.
See you at the East Coast Ride-In.
WOODY

·
Registered
896 Posts
Phew!!

10-4, Jason. I thought that might stir things up.... but I only was referring to the speed of our Tiger's stripes as they race by. We'll just leave that other stuff along the road.
See you at the East Coast Ride-In.
WOODY
Well then... phew... as long as I have your word on it...

So Ron and I are meeting up to ride down to the event..... I am lokoing forward to it.. it is about 500 miles form your house to the Roost, which is either one long day or two graceful wandering days... ( figure we can discuss this in here and stir things up as you say..) If we were to burn it down there.. we would A) get the best tent spots and B) would have a whole day to ride around the area before anyone else shows up!!... However, by taking two days to come down we can wander through any number of good paths to arrive, having already enjoyed two days on the road....

discussion? preference? road we must do on the way down? halfway campsite in mind?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts