Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I haven't posted here for a long time, but I recently acquired a 2014 Bonneville SE to add alongside the TBS in the garage. I found a wealth of useful information here to help me find the right bike, so thanks.
I have started to add bits and I have installed a tail tidy. It came with a rear light with three wires, tail light, brake and earth and, once I had added bullet connectors and resued part of the loom from the stock fender it worked. I added indicators choosing ones with bulbs rather than LEDs, partly for looks and partly for ease (I thought!). However they only have one wire and don't work, and I reaslise this must be due to a lack of earth (ground). My problem is that I don't know how to connect an earth (ground). Where do I attach the wire at the signal end and where do I connect it at the other end? Do I connect it to the rear light earth?
Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
You probably can wrap a wire around the mounting bolt of the indicator and then install the nut, washer, etc. Run both indicator grounds to the taillight ground. Easy to test with just a jumper wire from the mounting bolt to the rear light ground or any metal on the rear light.

·
Registered
291 Posts
8A more than adequate. P=VI 21w bulbs use less than 2A, 10w bulbs about 1/2 that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts