Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about a dynojet stage 1 kit for my TBS.

About 150€. + I imagine, a rolling road.

Is it worth the money if you've already got sports silencers and a K&N filter?

Tnx :)

or should I spend the money on the wife?

[ This message was edited by: senyorsimon on 2006-11-20 11:36 ]

·
Registered
110 Posts
I assume you are using the K&N in the stock airbox. A little richer mixture is needed but, I don't think it is worth the expense of going to a Dynojet kit. With the stock airbox you only need about 130 (Mikuni sizes) main jets maximum. That is easy to do with just replacement jets. I removed the airbox and added pod filters. Doing this you have to jet a bit larger. I'm still tinkering around with mine. Of course no two bikes use exactly the same jets. The TBS would probably use slightly smaller jets than my Sprint because of it's lower compression and milder cam lift and timing. ...Jim

[ This message was edited by: Lone-Rider on 2006-11-21 09:18 ]

·
Registered
110 Posts
It does depend on which mufflers you use. Mine (Micron) are very free flowing so I had to rejet. I ran it for some time with the stock airbox and the Microns. I had to jet it a lot richer. I now have the K&N pod filters (RU2780's). I am waiting for the riding season to end to make some more changes. I know it needs to be richer still. It runs fine except at the top 20% of throttle opening. That tells me larger main jets are needed. Some say you can't run these pods and make it run right. We'll see. The racers use them on all there carburetted engines. I am willing to take some time and sort it out. I do all my work myself so I'm not paying for someone else's time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts