Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hallo

I'm goingo to install dynojet kit stage I.
Waht's best jet size and best needle setting (shims, dents) for a Scrambler with TORs, k&n filter, snorkel removed but no modifies to airbox ?
Thank$$ a lot

·
30,533 Posts
Well this is on a bonneville, but when I installed a dynojet kit with similar setup I ended up using the 108 jets (dynojet numbers). I had the snorkel in, but was running at 12 a/f ratio, so a bit rich. With the snorkel out the 108 jet would have been perfect I reckon.

I forget the clip position, but it was whatever the instructions recommended. The shims that come with the dynojet kit go on TOP of the e clip for this set up, not under it.

I don't know if there would be any differences in set up on the scrambler, but I wouldn't have thought so.

Good luck, I did find that the throttle response was a bit better, and the bike definitely picked up some when I did that.

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
The only real difference between the Scrambler and other Bonnies' carbs are the needles. You're replacing those so Props' advice should hold true.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts