Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am sorting out T3 Mikunis with what I think is 5102 Dynojet kit installed, maybe half installed by the PO. I have no parts from the kit, but the jets (124) and needle is definitely dynojet. The needle has a definite step and I don't think the stock needles did. There are no numbers or marks on the needle or emulsion tube.

Can anyone tell me how to check if the slides have been drilled vs stock? Maybe a drill or hole diameter on the DD#44 drill that the kit? Is it just a wire size 44 bit (.086")?

There are three holes on the bottom of my slides. The two outside holes are .084-.082" and the center hole is .134" as close as my flintstone tools allow me to measure. Since I don't have a 44 bit I can't tell if the the slides are unmolested or not.

I am not sure how much difference the dj kit drill would have made in the holes.

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Replying to my own post, how sad, but someone might benefit. :)

I sort of figured out that the #44 was just a wire size drill bit the dynojet 5102 kit has the installer drill out both lift holes. Bought a #44 bit for $2 and it fits one hole, not the other (odd?). :confused:

The needles were also clipped one notch lower than the kit instructions. :confused::confused:

1. If anyone knows the original unmolested Mikuni lift-hole size for the T3s, please let me know. I assume there are two lift holes the same size originally. I may epoxy and redrill to original spec.

2. If anyone has an accurate/cheap stateside net-source for the Mikuni OEM needles, emulsion tubes, and original main jet sizes (whatever they were) please let me know. BB is not very cheap when you're buying everything 3x.

Thanks for any help.

Other tip-o-the-day, I used a Morgan Carbtune on the set of Keihins I am playing with on the SIII, and even though they were not badly out, they were not completely sync. Now they are. I am very surprised by the difference a carb sync makes in idle and off-idle performance and feel. Pretty significant imo.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Found a stock carb:

The original slides have a single vac hole .030".

The original needles are marked 5E56, clip 4th from the top.

If anyone knows the stock needle jet/tube details, please let me know.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Found a stock carb:

The original slides have a single vac hole .030".

The original needles are marked 5E56, clip 4th from the top.

If anyone knows the stock needle jet/tube details, please let me know.
Stock Super III emulsion tube is a 615 O-8. Some other models have 615 O-6, but I don't know exactly which ones.

Regards,

Derek

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks moto. That is what I ordered.

I plan on returning the Mikunis to stock jets, fill/redrill the lift holes to stock, reseal the airbox to see how much they improve.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts