Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of the best assets of TuneECU is that it now makes custom dyno tuning an affordable proposition for many more people.
With no hardware or software outlay for the end-user, costs are purely for the operators time & expertise.

This thread will serve as an index for Dyno Tuning shops who have TuneECU capability.
If you are aware of others, please post and I will incorporate in a master index by State in this opening post.
I would encourage members' feedback on their personal experience of the location they reference.
Note that referrals must be third party, not 'advertising' by personal shop owner.
Non-US shops are also encouraged to be added to the index.

Alabama

Power-Tripp Performance Birmingham AL

California

FactoryPro, San Rafael CA

JT&S Performance, Infineon Raceway Sonoma CA

CycleMall, Tustin CA

Ohio

HPR - Hordpower Bucyrus, OH

Pennsylvania

Eurosports Coppersburg, PA

Washington

2WheelDynoWorks Kikland, WA

Rattlesnake Mountain Harley Davidson Kennewick WA

United Kingdom

Junction 33 Galgate, Lancaster

Triumph Twin Power Bournemouth, Dorset (aka TriumphRat.net member PieMan!)

MotoTweeks 2B Trinity Road Chelmsford Essex CM2 6HR 01245 359908

Australia

Motorcycle Weaponry - Mona Vale, Sydney

Procycle Dyno Slacks Creek, QLD,

Germany
FRANZEN Sport-Evolution 56070 Koblenz

·
Super Moderator
22,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I can start the index with an referral to JT&S Performance at Infineon Raceway in CA.
Jim Higgins is very methodical in his process.
Friendly shop in the midst of a great technical community with many other resources - I had my Wideband Sensor bung welded in at a neighboring shop while I waited for a 'token' payment.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Tune ECU - Junction 33

Hello Everyone

I just recently bought a Triumph Daytona 955i and am loving it. This is the first time I have walked into a Triple and boy...it is different:D

Last week I rode up to north Lancaster to meet with Andy at Junction 33. He spent so much time sorting my bike out on the Dyno and it was worth every penny.

Junction 33 Dyno Centre
Lancaster UK
www.junction-33.com

I have posted the thread and Andy has been kind enough to upload the Dyno files -

http://www.triumphtorque.com/messageboard/thread/115497-Tune-Boy-ECU.aspx

The bike performs very nicely now and am loving it. The power delivery is right there. Once the weather picks up, I am going for a proper blast :D

Junction 33 - Cheers Andy for all your help.

Kind regards
Topcat

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Motorcycle Weaponry - Mona Vale, Sydney

I would like to recommend these guys wholeheartedly.

A very professional workshop for servicing, repairs and track prep.

They run a DynoJet.

Although they don't have TuneEcu on their system, they encourage you to bring your own pc setup with ODBII cable. I believe they do have a cable if you don't.

Roger says it is very similar to Tuneboy and has done many bikes using customers' computers. He seems very familiar with the program.

He says it is also much faster this way as he doesn't have to multi-task the computer running the dyno program with another for map editing, task swapping etc.

I've helped them do 2 friends bikes with my notebook, an '08 Sprint 1050 and an '09 Bonneville, both with excellent results, especially the Bonnie...

No affiliation.

·
Registered
44 Posts
So, I had an appointment today at EuroSports in Coopersburg, PA to get my Speed Triple TuneECU dyno tuned. I made the appointment three weeks ago, specified that I would need the bike tuned via TuneECU, and the service manager said it wouldn't be a problem. The appointment was at 9am, and since I was coming from Philly during rush hour, it took me nearly 2 hours to get there and I was 1/2 hour late (important detail later).

I got to the shop, told them who I was, and the service manager told me that there was a bike on the dyno at that moment, and that as soon as it was done, I was next. 1:45 goes by, and the service manager comes up to me and asks if it's ok to reschedule as his tech didn't have the drivers for TuneECU loaded onto his computer. I tell him that I brought mine, along with the data cable, and that his tech could just use mine to map the bike. I explain to him that in addition to waiting three weeks, I drove two hours, will pay two tolls, and have an hour trip back. He hesitantly goes back to the tech with my proposition - which I thought (working in a cycle shop myself) was more than reasonable.

30 min. later, he comes out to me and says that "my tech isn't up to it, I can't dyno your bike today". After probing him a little bit, I found out that his TuneECU techs are younger guys, and that their experienced dyno tuners don't do TuneECU. Needless to say, I was livid. I said nothing, just put on my gear and hit the road.

If you are considering this place as a tuning center, be warned. Their "experienced" tuners aren't familiar with simple wide-band cell by cell tuning, and the service department is unwilling to make any concession to honor their commitments. Though the service manager offered to give me a discount for my trouble, based on the lack of service, lack of ability, lack of experience, and general @$$ reaming I got today, I would say to be weary of this shop - at least for tuning. They didn't have their "stuff" together, and it didn't seem like the cared much about that. I will certainly warn riders away from this experience.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Phil,

Do you remember what results they got from the 2008 Sprint?

Cheers: Harry

I would like to recommend these guys wholeheartedly.

A very professional workshop for servicing, repairs and track prep.

They run a DynoJet.

Although they don't have TuneEcu on their system, they encourage you to bring your own pc setup with ODBII cable. I believe they do have a cable if you don't.

Roger says it is very similar to Tuneboy and has done many bikes using customers' computers. He seems very familiar with the program.

He says it is also much faster this way as he doesn't have to multi-task the computer running the dyno program with another for map editing, task swapping etc.

I've helped them do 2 friends bikes with my notebook, an '08 Sprint 1050 and an '09 Bonneville, both with excellent results, especially the Bonnie...

No affiliation.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Pacific Northwest Tuner

I had a very good experience with 2wheeldynoworks at http://2wheeldynoworks.wordpress.com/ located just east of Seattle in Kirkland.

I was pretty happy with the latest stock map on my stock '08 S3, but knew there was more to be had. Nels spent about an hour to get an additional 3.5 ft pds and 4.5 hp to the stock curves (keeping the stock rev limit at 9.4K, but motor would have gone more). His fee was fair, his knowledge extensive, and he was very helpful with my many questions. He's done many tunes with TuneECU and finds it easier and more stable than Tune Boy.

My bike feels significantly stronger throughout its operational range. Recommended.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys does anyone know a place in the central belt of Scotland that can do re-mapping through tune ecu??
I've got the latest speedtriple and a 06 rocket both needing bits and pieces done.
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just a write up regarding my local mechanic who I use to do all the jobs for which I know I'll take forever over and don't really have the time. Like shims... I know you know what I'm talking about.

Anyway I bought a Daytona with an underseat exhaust conversion because it looked so special and although I loved it there was a nag at the back of my mind as to whether I'd truly done the right thing as it was truly awful off idle and rolling on wasn't all that either.

After much messing about I finally decided to introduce it to Nige at MotoTweeks and at the same time introduced Nige to TuneECU. After a few false starts, (dropping connections and the like) they got on really well and I am now the proud owner of a bike that goes as well as it looks. Nige was all about the Power Commander to start with but is now pretty happy to run with TuneECU.

I went in with a bit of a pig and came out with the correct fueling map for the pipe, around 8BHP more right through the range plus more torque and a huge grin on my face.

You can anticipate longer on the dyno because unlike the PC where you see the immediate impact of the changes you note where change is needed and then tweek it, reload the map and run it back up again to see the effects, tweek again etc.

In the end you can expect a custom map for the same or less than the cost of the PC without fitting or the dyno work you'd need anyway so I guess I saved over £250 and I don't feel the need to tell my insurance company!!

I'm a very happy bunny, I should also note the following:

He is a real mechanic, rider and racer and doesn't just sell stuff
The workshop is small and not the prettiest and neither is the dyno

But it's not about pretty it's about results and it's my carefully considered opinion that you won't go far wrong by giving him a chance to sort your bikes.

The Dyno involved is run by Nigel Keefe known as Nige.

Contact details are:

MotoTweeks
2B Trinity Road
Chelmsford
Essex
CM2 6HR
01245 359908
http://www.mototweeks.co.uk:

Shameless advertising I know but there you are.

Cheers
Guy

·
Premium Member
2,257 Posts
Southern California TuneECU

Southern California Triumph owners can have their bikes dyno tuned using TuneECU at Cyclemall in Tustin, CA. Tige (pronounced "Teeg") Danne is the shop owner and dyno operator.

Tige dyno'd my Sprint, which was his first experience using TuneECU. I was just in there today and he said he had been using it a lot recently to tune Daytona 675s. This is a real race shop and tunes some of the fastest and most successful race bikes in Southern California. They also do suspension tuning, general maintenance, and repair of all brands of bikes. Tige is also the Bridgestone race tire distributor for the area.

My personal experience with them has been very positive on numerous projects over several years. They did the fork swap on my Sprint that is documented in the fork swap sticky in the Sprint forum. They also dyno tuned my Ducati and resprung and revalved its Ohlins suspension. They are currently working with me on a retro cafe project based on a Daytona 955 frame and modified 1050 engine. This is a complex project involving adapting OZ wheels, Ohlins suspension, custom triple clamps, vintage bodywork, etc. In short, I've spent a tidy sum of money here and always been more than satisfied.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Anyone know of a shop that will work with TuneECU near Detroit? Closest in the list above is 150miles from me :/

I'd like to keep it under an hour ride (Toledo, Lansing, Flint all fall into that range, sorta) to the tuning center so if I need a buddy to come in a truck it isn't SUPER inconvenient to have them help :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts