Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Dyno test results - near stock TBS

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  smikka 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
I'm no tuning expert but having done some very simple mods I wanted to check that my 98 TBS was running OK and a few quid spent on a dyno run seemed cheaper than engine surgery. Or maybe I'm just paranoid after holing a piston on a T150V years ago 'cos I ran it too lean...:eek:
All I did was fit a K&N filter in the stock unmodified airbox, fit TORs, clean the pilots and set to 2.5 turns and balance the carbs. I'm much happier with the throttle response, the low end torque has improved noticeably and the sound is how it should be:D
The dyno guy was very helpful and said that the fuelling was fine. Numbers were 74 bhp and 52.6 ftlb -see attached. I realise that this is tame compared with what some of the experts have achieved but the bike is great to ride fast or slow and suits my riding style. I hope this is of use to other forum members looking for dyno results in close to stock condition.
Ride safe and have fun!
smikka

Attachments

#3 ·
your main jets are stock then... The triumph dealer i got my bike from up-ed the mains on mine. My bike stumbles a little more then i like under 3500 rpm. I am ready to go to pods and try and lean out the rich mix. Has anybody run the quarter with there stock or modded classic triumph. Can our bikes beat the ducati classic 1000 in the quarter mile??

#4 ·
Hi guys and thanks for your replies - should be interesting to see more performance info bueller.
Turbo Legend - wow, how much power can that spoked rear wheel handle?
Yep banachi, seems there's no need to change mains with my set up. I had thought that it might be necessary to lift the needles so that it ran richer earlier but the dyno guy said not. Seeing 50 +mpg (42+mpUSg) in normal road use using 97 RON.
Cheers
smikka

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.