Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 326 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched around for about 15 minutes but didn't find a chart for the newest gen.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have been doing the same. Was going to take mine to get done last weekend but its very far away. If anyone knows of a place in Gwinnett County in ATL, let me know. I would be happy to be a test dummy and post for the greater good.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Invest that Dyno $$ on the part behind the wheel. Go to a riding school instead. Numbers mean nothing, if you can't use them. Just saying. ;-)

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Invest that Dyno $$ on the part behind the wheel. Go to a riding school instead. Numbers mean nothing, if you can't use them. Just saying. ;-)
The speed triple isn't exactly a beginners bike and in its class at its price power output is a legit question. making a blanket statement that everyone interested in getting their bike dynod should take a riding course instead says to me you either own a training school, or are a narrow minded old fart.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Wow!!!^^^^^^^
Butt hurt sensitive aren’t you? Well, allow me to retort and return the compliment.
You are partially right on your ASS-umptions, but I don’t own a riding school. A riding school class has save me from a couple of would be accidents, that a young immature imbecile would have crashed and died. ;-)
Especially the one that is concerned with how much xxx power his bike puts down, yet can’t ride for Shaiza.
In my medical training, I have seen these speed demon idiots in the ER.
ASS you can see, I don’t ASS-ume you are one. But by your level of maturity, throwing insults at someone who just made an honest and well intended suggestion, you show who you really are, although older than me.
I hope you don’t end up in the back of an ambulance with your knowledge of XXX horsepower, that didn’t save you from the accident.
After this reply, I won’t engage you and if moderators think I am out of line, please delete my post. I wish the post deletion would change my impression of you and change also your nature, but neither is bound to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not sure what inquiring about dyno numbers has to do with ones riding ability. Some of us just enjoy knowing what machines are truly capable of. Regardless, i will work on finding a dyno unless someone here beats me to it. Having owned a 2017 and now a 2019, I would guess the output is higher then they suggest in press releases. Then again, it could be gearing that is creating that feeling as well. Either way, much more playful compared to the older bike.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Not sure what inquiring about dyno numbers has to do with ones riding ability. Some of us just enjoy knowing what machines are truly capable of. Regardless, i will work on finding a dyno unless someone here beats me to it. Having owned a 2017 and now a 2019, I would guess the output is higher then they suggest in press releases. Then again, it could be gearing that is creating that feeling as well. Either way, much more playful compared to the older bike.
Exactly my point, before it was taken to a personal level.
You don't need a Dyno to know what your bike is capable of to enjoy. Knowing XXX HP to the wheel means nothing and doesn't make you happier if 5HP more than advertised. Would you enjoy it less, if it disappoints you in the RWHP???
Again, if you can't put it to use due to lack of training, what is the advantage then???
The money is best spent in a riding school.
On track days, riders with much more experience cream me and others too with machines with a lot less HP.
But to end this argument, it is your money and your curiosity, go to the Dyno and be happy with XXX RWHP.
Notice the smiley face. ------> :)

·
Registered
950 Posts
AMENNNNN
I was at the triumph dealer the other day and the parts rep asked me if I had checked the new speedie out and that it would do laps around my current speedie, so I replied that all those electronic gimmicks were not worth the 18k and my ohlins-upgraded 2010 was more than I can even use 80% of the time, not to mention I’d be giving up the bug eyes! No dice friend...

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OP here, with all due respect, all I asked was if we had a dyno chart available yet. When one of you get one, do post it! Triumph was waving Street dyno charts left and right, weird that they didn't with the new Speed. If you aren't interested in engine-to-wheel characteristics, there are other threads to post in.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Do you even have an RS??? Just curious like you, being that this is a semi-public forum and I didn't offend anyone voicing my opinion.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I think it's a legit concern since the last roll out claimed significant gains in power that turned into an actual gain of 1. My dealer won't let his rs out for a demo because he doesn't want to have to discount it when he sells it so to get an unbiased idea of how the bike will feel is to look at a dyno, not just for peak power but how the bike makes power at all rpms does give a good idea how a bike will feel, especially if one is already familiar with the model.

·
Registered
360 Posts
A Polish “Motocykl” magazine (a part of the German Motorrad magazine) was recently comparing new speed triple S, Kawasaki z1000R, monster 1200, Suzuki gsx-s 1000 and new Honda CB 1000 R+.

Not only the Triple won, but they claimed that it has 4hp more than advertised.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think it's a legit concern since the last roll out claimed significant gains in power that turned into an actual gain of 1.
Having owned both, i can say the new RS definitely does not feel like another marketing trick. The thing is a proper hooligan bike as it should be. Much more playful then the 17. Because it feels so different while riding i am very curious to what it dynos at. Would like to see if numbers confirm or negate my butt dyno.

Also, interesting about the Speed S winning. I rode the S and it felt very much like my old 17 model. It was not very convincing in regards to all the upgrades, but now that i own a RS, i can say that i believe the rider modes play a HUGE part in this. It may have all the same components, maybe even same engine output, but the modes are what bring the bike to life. Custom Rider Mode, with traction off, is too much fun for public roads. Seriously, you couldn't have asked for much more on these things....well maybe a lighter exhaust, because the dual cans are heavy as hell, but thats just being picky.

Regardless, the RS is by far an upgrade, doesn't feel anything like the old 17 model.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
It has as much torque as the v twin and more hp than the suzuki, and looking at it the power comes on fast, It wouldn't surprise me if Triumph's back in the conversation with the atv4, s1kr, fj1o and sdr with this latest offering and for the price Triumph is asking it needs to be. Great job by Triumph!

·
Registered
151 Posts
A Polish “Motocykl” magazine (a part of the German Motorrad magazine) was recently comparing new speed triple S, Kawasaki z1000R, monster 1200, Suzuki gsx-s 1000 and new Honda CB 1000 R+.

Not only the Triple won, but they claimed that it has 4hp more than advertised.

Thank you for posting that!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I will make all of the arm chair bench racers happier by letting them know that, a 1 KW = 1.34 HP.
So the new Speed S makes 4 more KW x 1.34 = 5.36 HP
Mind you, this has not been verified directly by me on a Dyno, but being posted in the internet, it must be true.
This should make RS owner jump and do the happy dance now.
LOL

·
Registered
441 Posts
Are you a moderator???
If yes, delete my post, if not then, was it to you who I write to?
Read an move on, it wasn't addressed to you.
What's wrong with this sensitive people on this forum lately.
Sheesh!!!

1 - 20 of 326 Posts