Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im in the process of trying to dyno my RS at a friends shop. Does anyone know if there is a wire to tap for the tach without pulling the tank??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw that thread and we ended up finding the wire, but it wasn't very accurate at all. For anyone interested the max HP was 87.89 (all stock).

·
Registered
466 Posts
Just for comparison, I had my 2000 RS dyno'ed last year.

Triumph Carbon exhaust
K&N filter
Tuneboy custom tune
Iridium Plugs
all synthetic lubricant
18/44 gearing

at the rear wheel, 107.6 HP, 69.8 ft/lb

do not underestimate the power of the tuneboy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well we began with the purple wires (because of that other thread) but had no luck. finally we found a pink/white wire that was giving the idol rpm but it was very inconsistent through out the runs. not a huge deal, we just didnt have time to get under the tank.

chef, that must be a very good tune or my bike is underperforming. i think around 90 is an accurate number though. since that would be about a 18% loss.

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
It really depends on the add on bits. The aftermarket can adds 3-4 HP alone.

So you are saying that you registered 90 rear wheel HP?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Do you remember what brand of dyno was used?

87 rwhp does seem a bit low for that bike. My '02 ST did 107 rwhp with a TOR can and the TOR tune. The '02 does do about 10hp more than the '00 stock IIRC, which still leaves the '00 shy about 10hp.

Has anyone else dynoed an all-stock 99-01 Sprint?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its a brand new dynojet 250i , my friend said it was running on the low side. the actual # was probably closer to 92-93.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts