I've been working on my '67 T100R (conversion to desert sled) and came up against a brick wall in trying to pull my tubes back up after a rebuild. My biggest problem was I couldn't figure out the thread type or even the count per inch accurately. The caps I have don't match each other but are threaded the same so reusing them was no problem. So, even if I was willing to buy a $75 tube puller I didn't know if it would include my thread size and type. So I built a puller that pulls from the bottom of the lower leg, and it worked just fine. I used about 6' of 1" x 1/8" strap, a couple pieces of flatbar and a piece of all-thread. The big drawback to my design was that it took a LONG time to run the nut up the thread because about 5" of travel is just compressing the spring, then it starts to pull the tubeup. There is a modification a person could do that would make it much faster. I'm going to try to upload a couple of photos, but I can't say for sure it will work.