Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen/heard/or own a pair of Emgo Dunstall replicas...they sell for $46 on Dennis Kirk and JC Whitney. Just wondering about quality and sound. Any suggestions on another fairly inexpensive setup? I like the Burgess style too. Thanks!

These in particular:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...Id-100000142715/Pr-p_CATENTRY_ID:100000142715

[ This message was edited by: GrayMitchell on 2007-01-05 10:16 ]

·
Registered
902 Posts
Gray, I don't knoe about the dunstalls but I did buy the EMGO burgess style (direct replacement for the 60's twins) and they bolted right on to the existing brackets on my 04 bonnie. The cost was $80 a piece then ordered the adaptor pipes from Belacourse. Total cost was around $200, they are fairly loud but the chrome and quality is very good (better than my stock mufflers). You can get these through most vintage Triumph shops or check the EMGO website for loca dealers.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wife has them on her bike:

Dunstall Video

Sound is very nice. More bass and a little more mellow than my Emgo Reverse Cone shortys. Quality is good, the welds look nice.

[ This message was edited by: asphyx9 on 2007-01-05 12:23 ]

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've had the Dunstall replicas on my 72 for years now and they held up fine. Mellow tone, not too loud. Removeable baffels if you want more sound.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have the real thing ' got them in 1979 ran them on my 650 , put them on my Thruxton a little load for my ears . now that i think of it i got pulled over for them one night for being to load 1:00am as for the rep. they should work fine might change you jetting. no big thing

·
Registered
2004 America
1,351 Posts
I have them on my 76 and they work/sound great. :cool:

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
I have a set of JCW Dunstall replica's on my 05 T100. They are loud. I ride with ear plugs and a full face helmet and they are still to loud for me. But they are no where as loud as my D&D's.

The video clip of asphyx9 wife's bike doesn't really let you hear how loud the pipes are, because she is riding at a steady speed. They get very loud upon acceleration, they also make a wonderful sound upon deceleration. A snarling aggressive don't mess with me sound.

But they are relatively cheap set of pipes that should hold up well and do look good, but they are heavy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts