Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Looks like a copy of the Arrow system , which i think is no longer available,
Tec also make a copy of the Arrow 2-1 ,
I've got the Tec Tracker pipe on my scrambler , the Tracker is a shorter version of the Arrow copy,works well, and is well made for the price,

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have the Dunstall, I'm pretty sure it's made by TEC. The muffler bracket mounting hole was out by about 3mm but I was able to bend it into place.

For the price can't be beat. I got mine polished before I fitted it as I prefer that look.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Have a Dustall tracker on my Bonneville. Excellent value for money and good low and mid range performance boost. Looks the same as the TEC tracker but has a sticker on the muffler.

Only ever run it with a cutdown baffle, TTP tune and Breathe setup. Makes the bike feel lighter, and it does save weight. But I think a lot of the lighter feel is the extra off idle grunt which picks the bike up out of corners and makes the bike handle lighter.

Top end power dosn't seem to have been boosted much but maybe that's because I run the baffle.

Initally I polished it with a hotplate polish designed for cooktops. This stopped it discolouring too much, then again I live in a very dry climate.

007.JPG

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have a Dustall tracker on my Bonneville. Excellent value for money and good low and mid range performance boost. Looks the same as the TEC tracker but has a sticker on the muffler.

Only ever run it with a cutdown baffle, TTP tune and Breathe setup. Makes the bike feel lighter, and it does save weight. But I think a lot of the lighter feel is the extra off idle grunt which picks the bike up out of corners and makes the bike handle lighter.

Top end power dosn't seem to have been boosted much but maybe that's because I run the baffle.

Initally I polished it with a hotplate polish designed for cooktops. This stopped it discolouring too much, then again I live in a very dry climate.

View attachment 716503
Thanks for all of the replies. I think i'm going to stick with my NH TOR's. My bike is a 2014 Bonneville standard with T 140 high bars and a 1972 gold/white paint scheme on the tank. Lot of money stuck into it but I love it. Wish the dealer network was better in Wisconsin. There is one 15 miles from me, but I wouldn't let them work on a used lawn mower.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Thanks for all of the replies. I think i'm going to stick with my NH TOR's. My bike is a 2014 Bonneville standard with T 140 high bars and a 1972 gold/white paint scheme on the tank. Lot of money stuck into it but I love it. Wish the dealer network was better in Wisconsin. There is one 15 miles from me, but I wouldn't let them work on a used lawn mower.
Just curious, what dealer you talking about? If you dont want to say just mention a town you live close to.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm not that foolish. I probably should have kept my mouth shut in the first place. Triumph seems to pick some of the dealerships on how much they sell and nothing else. I get my parts form Engel Motors in Kansas City. Great bunch over there, especially Adam Jones. All of the English firms have been first-rate, the TTP guys being the most polite and willing to go the extra mile. Common things are gotten from Dennis Kirk. The lack of dealer selection is why Triumph will always rank low in this state.But, I always wanted one and decided to get one no matter what.I do wish it was ergonomically set up like one from the late 70's but I've gotten mine as close as possible. By the way, mine is also tune #3, NH toga's, O2 removed, AI removed,TTP bellmouth, AI removed, Airbox baffle removed. Before I did all that, I think my 2007 Sportster ran better.
Norman Hyde makes the sound proper.

·
Registered
39 Posts
TEC dont make things they buy in ,They do make you believe they make things but have you seen their premises.Dunstall and Tec same pipes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts