Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Will be pulling the Mikuni carbs soon for overhaul and filter/jets upgrade. While apart, thinking of busting the rack and adding a second fuel T w/ duckbill filter. I suspect they may be OEM on many of the sportbike models anyway.

Sure, the single feed may be suffecient but if you are already gonna trick out the filter, needle and jets, and going to a braided SS or braided clear plastic fuel line, why not? ;)

Also, what size fuel line is it anyway? As I recall, it's spec'ed at that damn metric specific 6mm? However, I need a few feet of the SAE 1/4" for some other projects too this winter and I know my SAE tubed manometer leaks on the metric sync ports.

Duel feed: A real or just the perfect waste of winter garage time? :D

Size: OCD perfect or just crush down a hose clamp and get over it? :D

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
The Keihins I bought came with dual t-pieces, I believe they're from a Trophy or something so it is possible to do and they are both exactly the same so you should just be able to buy a 2nd one (if you can find them of course!), and it should theoretically slot straight in with no messing around.

You can see them here -

I think the fuel hoses are 8mm inside diameter (that's 0.314961 or roughly 5/16ths inches), because the brass T-piece I bought was classed as 8mm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts