Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise on the torque setting that's best to use? Triumph uses a conical washer & 146nm but ducati don't use the conical washer but tightens the nut to 174nm. I'm thinking of continuing to use the triumph conical washer, flat washer & nut but the ducati wheel could be magnesium so I'm unsure if I go 146 or 174nm thanks

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Just my opinion, but I would stick with the Triumph torque spec because that is what the fasteners and bearings are rated for. . Although it's unlikely the additional 28 nm would cause damage, I would hate to discover that the hard way. Just be sure to use the lock ring to prevent the nut from backing off, and zip tie the ends together so the lock ring can't fall off, either. That has been known to happen. The dealers in my area consider it SOP.

Good luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
That washer is a Belleville or disc spring washer. Use the triumph torque because that’s what’s designed to flatten it to make it it work. The Ducati flat washer needs extra because it has no self locking mechanism but I would guess that the axle is a bit little bit beefier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts