Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ya all know that I just purchased a Duc 996. I picked it up on Friday after a good shakedown at the shop and got to put some miles on it this weekend...

I gotta say... what a machine. Not anywhere near the painful, nasty ride I expected. Actually it was quite comfortable for me. No wrist issues, no numb hands etc. The thing I noticed most was the throttle. Not nearly as twitchy as the S3's. Overall, the bike is sublime. Cornering is effortless once the bik leans, no shake, wobble or other feelings... No complaints at all. Very, very, cool bike!! :-D

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Sounds like fun. I'd like to have one to ride every now and then, but mostly just to look at. Sex on wheels for sure.

·
Registered
492 Posts
does it sound like atypewriter on steroids?

im a dying for my zard

ohhh the agony , the agony , and the dang wife found out , im as busted as squirrels last nut

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On 2006-12-11 21:34, MotoRaider wrote:
nice.. that is a sweet ride, post some pics!
Tek... The 1098 is out of the $$ range right now, and the newer 99+ are not as comfortable. I sat/rode a newer 749 and 999, and the 916/996 has always been my "lust" bike. The 996 was local and a really great deal... Couldn't resist. It is the bike I've always wanted...

Moto, ask and ye shall recieve:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Very nice bike, Geof3. I also have a lust for them. But what's with all the graffiti on the plastic? That's hardly what I'd expect from someone coming from a minimalist S3.

Capt.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Ducati 996 impressions..... OK......clunk clunk clunk whirrrr. :-D

·
Registered
700 Posts
Looks good. I like the color. I might take off the after market stikers though...I don't know.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The stickers were on it. I kinda like that way. To each their own I suppose. 99+ seem to look better in "race" dress to me. The Vance & Hines is from the era... So it's sort of "period" correct...

Thanks for the kind words all. And Limey, it IS a noisy sucker... Makes the S3 sound like a kitten...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts