Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Been discussin' that over in Speed Triple World.

Here's a little design comparison for ya.
<table border="0" cellpadding="5">
<tr><td>
</td>
<td>
</td></tr>
<tr><td>
</td>
<td>

</td></tr>
<tr><td>
</td>
<td>
</td></tr>
</table>

Now, I KNOW the 1050 motor is capable of more than it's puttin' out right now. It's time for the big Daytona.

·
Registered
899 Posts
It is oh so nice, but out of my reliability range and maintenance cost range. Tell me it'll go around 15-20,000 miles a year reliably and I may go for one. Otherwise I'll stick to my Triumphs for under 10K

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
955iLimited, At the Cycle World motorcycle show in Houston a couple of weekends ago my son asked the Duc rep about the valve checking intervals...still every 6K mis. Bigger, but not improved. (Maybe an opinion Triumph wishes to avoid.)

Brad

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
I was surprised with the price. The basic model is 15,000. And the 'S' is 20,000. That used to be the price of the basic 999.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Well its an imporovement over the hideous 999

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
The big Daytona is called "Sprint". If Triumph does dilute its product line, I hope it is clearly a large bore bike the fits the bill. I know there are not many Ducati dealers around in the States, but Triumph isn't exactly on every corner.

·
Registered
700 Posts
On 2006-11-22 15:19, Brooksie wrote:
The big Daytona is called "Sprint". If Triumph does dilute its product line, I hope it is clearly a large bore bike the fits the bill. I know there are not many Ducati dealers around in the States, but Triumph isn't exactly on every corner.
:gpst:

·
Registered
196 Posts
The 1098 is stunning, unless Triumph comes up with the goods that's my next bike. I think the 675 needs a big brother!

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Ducati appeals to all of us but sells on exclusivity. The maintenance cost can't be much worse than Daytonas. But for my buck, the 955 is the best bang for the buck you can get.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree. The Ducs are sweet machines though. Anybody ever ridden one? Very nice. Very refined I guess would be the right word. But servicing it is a PITA. If you can afford one though, servicing is not an issue. I love my Tona though and plan on never selling it. Just getting old with her. :-D

·
Registered
174 Posts
Im with you 955iLimited , she will be buried with me , just under the Duc 1098 and one of those new Nortons

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
On 2006-12-04 16:45, 955iLimited wrote:
I agree. The Ducs are sweet machines though. Anybody ever ridden one? Very nice. Very refined I guess would be the right word. But servicing it is a PITA. If you can afford one though, servicing is not an issue. I love my Tona though and plan on never selling it. Just getting old with her. :-D
Yes, my friend has an 05 999 with the Ternomi(sp?) Exhaust and updated computer. That thing is awesome. If I had the money I would have got one of them sorry to say. But don't get me wrong, I love my Daytona. too.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
On 2006-12-04 16:45, 955iLimited wrote:
I agree... I love my Tona though and plan on never selling it. Just getting old with her. :-D
I'm already old and so is my Daytona but we're both young at heart!

dc

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I hear there's a stampede of 675 owners going to the big Duc dealer in Chicago to trade up on the 1098. Maybe I can get a 675 from them cheap.

N

·
0 Posts
On 2006-11-23 11:32, Tomsk wrote:
The 1098 is stunning, unless Triumph comes up with the goods that's my next bike. I think the 675 needs a big brother!
That's exactly what I'm thinking at the moment. I plan to turn my 675 into a dedicated track bike - and buy a new bike for the road. The 1098 (maybe Tricolore) is top of the shopping list, but a big Daytona may change my mind.

Martin

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Don't wait on Triumph. You may be waiting a LONG time for a big Daytona. Maybe the answer is a hyper sport 800 triple with REAL (140/150 hp) power. Should be able to cheap their way into that by using the 675 engine and design. That 1098 is cool and it is only (!) 14k. Not bad. Triumph, are you SLEEPING?

[ This message was edited by: Brooksie on 2006-12-11 18:38 ]

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I definitely see the resemblence of the 675 and 1098. FYI, the 1098 has been in the works since 2002 though supossedly???

God, I would love for Triumph to come out with a bigger more updated Tona. It would be nice for them to add a few more details though. Better suspension, steering stabilizer, brakes, etc. :-D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts