Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Looks good to me, but I don't want a bike that you have to have serviced every 30 days.

·
Banned
798 Posts
Initially I was in love with that bike (inspite of the Duc engine looking like something that belongs on an air compressor).

But now the front end really doesn't do it for me. Looks like the new KTM small super motard bike. I would have liked it better if they'd just put a regular sort of front fender on it, instead of the two-piece thing.

Maybe delete the whole front end fender/light thing and put on two headlights like the S3 !!!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
i've been eyeing that myself, to tell you the truth i think its great, i love the fact that it's got more torque than hp, and i think it would be a wheelie monster, but it's still 385 pounds,,, they're gonna have to do a little better than that to get me on a 90 hp bike. but the 1098,,,,,,, that's being saved up for.if they got it down to like 350, i'ld do it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
In person, the Duc is "meaner" than the picture. I can't explain why, it just is.

But the real beaut is the new $60,000 Desmo RR. The pictures don't do it justice. It' s mean, sexy, and looks fast sitting still. What a bike, what a bike.

·
Registered
979 Posts
On 2006-12-04 11:28, Limey wrote:
Is it a Duc......or a Duck billed platapus :-D

Duck billed platypus,and Limey if yuor giong too quote Australian aminals get ti rihgt. :-D :hammer:

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
The wheels rock. The rest of it looks like somebody painted a KTM red.

I still want a 999. Anybody wanna give me one for christmas?

·
Registered
276 Posts
It's the perfect naked Duc. It'll have dual front disks and the 1100 motor in it when it goes into production.

[ This message was edited by: scratch on 2006-12-04 13:41 ]

·
Registered
172 Posts
Frame rail looks: yes
KTM twin: yes
dem wheels: yes
Torque > HP: yes

wait... did y'all say 90HP at 300+ pounds?!!?

Cripes how do grownups ride 'em?

Is it battery powered? :hammer:

·
Registered
643 Posts
On 2006-12-04 13:35, AlaskaS3 wrote:
I love it.
+1. I saw it at the Cycle World show last year, and thought it looked great. Better in person than in the pics.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
On 2006-12-04 13:35, AlaskaS3 wrote:
On a side note, I REALLY want a set of wheels like that.
Didn't Dymag make something like that a few years back?

Doesn't matter. Dymag still makes some killer bits. I want a set of these:

[ This message was edited by: crashmasterd on 2006-12-04 23:11 ]

·
Registered
276 Posts
Here's a shot of what's claimed to be the production model -

It appears that the dual front disks and the addition of passenger pegs & a cat canister are the biggest differences. The exhaust collector looks more like a production piece too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts