Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the dual long haul seat for my birthday, and I can't be more impressed. It looks great, and feels even better, and I can't wait test it on the drive to and from work tomorrow. I think this is a definite upgrade over the stock seat, and I'm sure the wifey will be pleased with the much better feeling of the pillion seat.
Adam

·
Registered
130 Posts
I did a thousand mile trip on that seat with no issues. Hope it works as well for you.

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
663 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
This thread is music to my eyes. It just confirmed what I want for Christmas, and is saving the cost of a Corbin or other make of touring seat. How great is this, wife buys seat for me for Christmas and gets seat comfort for herself.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the detachable back rest and sissy bar also, and my seat fits fine. The new seat seems to be about .5" taller than stock, but it looks great and feels better.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
The Corbin Dual Touring seat doesn't fit with the back rest. I've had both and the Triumph dual tour is better IMO.

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
I noticed my dual longhaul was a bit uncomfortable until I put a few hundred miles on it, almost like it needed to break in. Since then, it's been great

·
Registered
34 Posts
I noticed my dual longhaul was a bit uncomfortable until I put a few hundred miles on it, almost like it needed to break in. Since then, it's been great
I noticed the exact same thing. I was about ready to explore other options with my dealer, and it all of a sudden got better. I wouldn't ride without it now.

Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got the longhaul rider and passenger seat with the sissy bar and I love it. Went for a 300+ mile ride this weekend with the wife on back and it was great. Very comfortable!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Long Hauls seat singles and dual

I think i'm just finding out that if you had sticker shock on the dual long haul and figure you'll just get the single long haul pieces when you can, be aware that if you go with the singles, (rider/ pass combo) instead of the dual you won't be able to have a back rest for the rider! Just figured that out. Only the dual has the spot for the rider back rest in it. Wish I'd known that earlier. bought the wifes long haul passenger seat to help her out till i could afford the rider seat never knowing i'll not get a backrest to use with it. she has the quick release back rest with long haul cushion.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Yes to this - I would not say uncomfortable but certainly unimpressive at first then great later.

Just got back from a 2,200 km trip in 3 days and my seat / bum relationship was a happy one :p

1 - 20 of 35 Posts