Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered the analog LED front blinker set - description says "plug and play".

I think it would be sort of neat to ALSO run bar end blinkers - does anyone know if this is technically possible?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Definitely possible. I have LED Supernova's from Revival Cycles, and decided to add some cheap LED fork tube mounted signals as well for better forward visibility. Having two pairs in the front and the pair in the rear has caused no issues.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely possible. I have LED Supernova's from Revival Cycles, and decided to add some cheap LED fork tube mounted signals as well for better forward visibility. Having two pairs in the front and the pair in the rear has caused no issues.
Thanks Trent - anything special I need to do? Or, can I just tap the existing wires?

·
Registered
159 Posts
The main thing is, if you're switching out from the stock indicators to LED for the first time, then you will want to change the Type setting to adjust blinker rate.

To do that: hold the i button on the left hand controls while you turn the bike on. Keep holding it until you see "Type - #" pop up. It will most likely be in Type - 1 initially if nothing is changed from stock. Once that message is displaying, let go of the i button and then press it to change to the next number. Test the blinkers at that setting, and if they are still blinking too fast, try the process again and test the next setting. There are 4 Type settings. I had to put mine to Type - 4 to get the normal blink rate.

Reactions: Christopher Lutz

·
Registered
159 Posts
Oh, and if the Analog signals say that they are plug and play, then I assume they have the proper connectors to just unplug the old signals and plug in the new ones.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tips.

I'm pretty confident I can get the analog set in. But, I assume (haven't pulled apart yet) that there will be "one set" of connecters as the bike has "one set" of blinkers.

I'm a little concerned/confused as to how to add the 2nd set, without screwing up all my wiring.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well yeah, one set of connectors is stock on the bike. So to add a third pair of indicators is going to require some wiring. I used some T-Tap connectors to add my extra pair in with no fuss. That eliminates the need for soldering or making a custom pigtail of any sort. Just gotta make sure you get the right t-taps for the wire gauge being used.

·
Registered
'19 Speed Twin
13 Posts
You can purchase additional connectors then splice the two sets of signals together. Here is a link to purchase the stock connectors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts