Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,400 Posts
I do have the Triumph Auxiliary lights, but not so much for the distance. As you say they stock lights seem to have plenty of range. But the additional lights have a wider spread and illuminate the shoulders, etc. better. There are some poorly lit roads I travel at times, which are fairly high deer and coyote activity areas. I like having the wider spread available.

BTW: Are those just those clip on Home Depot work lights?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're offloading lights, light force 170 strikers, I had them mounted on the roof rack of my car back in my college days when I used to play offside, and it was very very dark at night with lots of critters (super-northern NY)

http://www.lightforce.com/us/index

·
Premium Member
8,400 Posts
Gotcha. From the photo, and on my phone, they looked like those clip-on metal shop lights you can buy at Home Depot. I thought maybe you rigged them on there as an example of overkill <g>.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
The Triumph axillary/fog lights do a good job of lighting up the sides of the road - and they make the bike more visible to oncoming traffic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts